Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Does My Vote Really Matter?

YES!

The CA Supreme Court upheld Proposition 8 in a vote of 6-1! So, for right now, we can say YES, our vote does matter!

I’ve been quiet for a while, not having the time to post on my blog. But I have been following other blogs and the news. I find it very interesting that other states are not putting the issue of traditional marriage to the vote of the people, but rather making laws that allow same-sex couples to be “married” among the legislature. Why? Is this not a country where the people make the laws?

Another question I have to put out there – I thought the entire nation was watching California in November because “as California goes, so goes the rest of the nation”… well, that hasn’t happened.

Okay friends… today is a good day. My faith in our judicial system has been restored, for now.

No comments: